Have you always enjoyed understanding how things work? Do you want to do more research before committing to an advanced degree in science or engineering?
There are worlds of opportunity in large and small companies, in public and private sectors, for those with a strong foundation in natural science fields.
Whether you would like to do work in a cutting edge startup biotechnology lab, or join a large organization with a huge R&D facility, I can help you structure your search to yield opportunities that will broaden your perspective and help with long-term decision making.
Career planning advice from the American Association for the Advancement of Science
Summer Science and Pre-Professional programs
- AAMC GREAT Group Undergraduate Research programs at medical schools
- MD/PhD Summer Research Programs
- ASBMB Summer Research Opportunities (search by state)
- Co-op/Internship Opportunities in the life sciences from Rochester Institute of Technology; and for Biomedical and Pre-Medical Students
- NASA OSSI: SOLAR Internship Bank
Research Opportunities at Williams
Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU). Summer programs funded by NSF
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Biotech and Pharmaceutical Information
- The Pharmaceutical Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) - The leading trade organization’s site. Info on industry stats and developments.
- Biotechnology Industry Organization - The world’s largest biotech
- BioSpace.com - Biotech & pharmaceutical news and jobs.
- Drug Information Association - Clinical development jobs and industry
- Research Jobs - From ResearchGate, which is the world’s largest professional network for researchers and scientists, now with over one million members.
- The National Academies - Resources and articles on many disciplines. Use the Quick Links drop-down menu on the left to narrow your search.
- Link to Williams pre-engineering page.
- Extramural Research Opportunities
- Tech-Interns.com - Searchable database of internships in science and
- WISE: Washington Internships for Students of Engineering - paid
internships with a focus on policy.
- After College.com Career Network linked from the Williams College Department of Mathematics
- Great Job Prospects for Math Majors
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics: Good general site for infor-
- mation on applied mathematics
- Mathematical Association of America
- Math Summer Research - Research Experiences for Undegraduates (REU) funded by NSF
- Williams SMALL Program