The ’68 Center for Career Exploration is committed to remaining virtually open during this turbulent time. Students we are here to support your current, summer and post-graduate aspirations. The majority of our services and programs are now available online. Internships and job postings can be sourced through Handshake and can be filtered by “remote work” opportunities.
Below is important information regarding how we will continue to support you and be here for you through this pandemic. Please review our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). If you have any additional questions, do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
Did you miss one of our virtual events? No worries, we recorded it.
See the list of past events and recordings on Handshake.
Communicating with Employers Virtually:
Tips for Navigating Alumni Conversations, Covid-19 Edition:
Internship Alternatives / Remote Internships:
- Review a list of 2020 Internship Alternatives, which was curated by each of our career community advisors! Let us know if you have any questions.
- 2020 Summer Virtual Community Research/Internship Possibilities (List of opportunities sourced by CLiA)
Employers Freezing Hiring/Still Hiring/Enabling Remote Work:
- This is a list of companies from Candor (updated live) that are currently hiring, in a hiring freeze, or conducting layoffs.
- Is your internship canceled? Review this list that is being frequently updated in real-time.
- Wall Street Journal – Who’s Hiring And Who’s Firing
- 500 Companies Hiring Students on Handshake Right Now
- List of Startups hiring
Appointments: There will be no disruption to appointments with advisors. ’68 Center advisors are available for virtual (Zoom, Skype, Google Hangouts, etc.) appointments which should be scheduled via Handshake. To schedule, an appointment with an advisor, log in to Handshake, click “Career Center” in the top right-hand corner menu, and then select “Appointments”. To request an appointment, click the blue “Schedule A New Appointment” button. Each advisor will be in touch regarding directions for whichever virtual tool you would prefer to use. If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, you can do this through Handshake as well.
Events: Until further notice, we will not be holding in-person workshops or events. For an up-to-date list of workshops and events being offered virtually, please visit the “Events” section in Handshake. For each virtual event, there will be instructions in the description of the Handshake event on how to join remotely or emailed to students who have registered.
Any questions related to recruiting, job postings, and hosting virtual events should be directed to [email protected].