There’s much more to business than investment banking and consulting! Management, sales and marketing, accounting, purchasing and human resources all fall under the business umbrella, as do industries including insurance, retail, manufacturing, consumer goods and transportation. The range of opportunities is limitless. We’re here to help you find the best fit.
Explore Business Career Resources
Meet With Your Advisor
For quick questions, stop by the Career Center 1-3:45 p.m., Monday through Friday. Walk-in appointments are 15 minutes. If you’re ready to discuss career options, resume and cover letter, job applications, or interview skills, use Handshake to set up a half hour appointment.
Robin Meyer, Associate Director/Director of Employer Relations
Career Search Resources
- Vault Career Library is a great source of information about careers in many different areas of business. The guides are free to download through this link!
- Fortune of the 100 best companies to work for in America.
- Forbes Top Companies to work for in 2016
- Forbes Ten Best Companies for Women in 2016
- See what employees are saying at Glassdoor – Anonymous salaries, company reviews, and interview questions for over 32,000 companies – all for free!
- Accounting & Auditing - Careers in Accounting
- Actuarial Science - Be An Actuary
- Fashion - Apparel Executives
- Finance - Careers in Finance
- Human Resources/Training and Development - American Society for Training and Development
- Society for Human Resource Management
- National Human Resources Association
- Manufacturing and Operations Management American Purchasing Society The Association for Operations Management
- Marketing, Brand Management and Sales Careers in Marketing Marketing Job Profiles
- Socially-Responsible Organizations Care2 JobFinder
Programs of Interest
- InRoads - Places qualified minority college students in two-four year internships with corporate sponsors in business and industry
- Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT) - Equips African Americans, Latinos and Native Americans with the skills, coaching and connections they need to lead organizations and communities worldwide.
- Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO) - A premier summer internship program for college students of color; offering internships in accounting, asset management, corporate law. global financial leadership, investment banking and management consulting and philanthropy.
- Starting Bloc - Partnering with top business schools, Starting Bloc is a non-profit that provides training in socially responsible entrepreneurship and business practices. Fellows attend four weekend-long training sessions in Boston, New York or London. A number of Williams students participated in the Boston program in Spring 06.
- Ellevate - Started by a group of former Goldman Sachs female professionals, this is a fabulous networking organization for women interested in business and finance. Consider taking the lead and starting a BroadtoBe chapter here at Williams!
Summer Business Programs
- Harvard HBX CORe: The Language of Business
- Tuck Bridge Program
- Stanford Summer Institute for General Management
- University of Chicago Booth School Summer Business Scholars Program
- Berkeley Haas School BASE Summer Program
- University of Virginia McIntire Business Institute
- Vanderbilt Accelerator Summer Business Institute
- Villanova University Summer Business Institute
Post-Grad Graduate Study in Business for Liberal Arts Students (Typically 10 month - 1 year programs)
- Northwestern Kellogg Masters in Management - Russell Fellows Program
- Wake Forest Masters in Management
- Duke Fuqua Master of Management Studies: Foundations of Business (MMS:FOB)
- University of Virginia's Master of Science in Commerce
- Babson Master of Science in Entrepreneurial Leadership
- The Catholic University of America Masters in Business Analysis
- St. John's University Master of Science in Risk Management and Insurance or Master of Science in Enterprise Risk Management
Management Training Programs offer a great way to get an introduction to the business world.
- Abbott Laboratories: Professional Development Programs - Engineering, Environmental Health & Safety, Financial, Information Technology, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance
- Aetna: Actuarial Training Program
- AT&T: Financial Leadership Program
- Avery Dennison: Global Operations Leadership Development Program
- Boeing: Business Career Foundation Program (BCFP)
- Boy Scouts of America: Professional Scouting
- Charles Schwab: Accounting and Finance, Analyst/Strategy
- Chesterfield County, Virginia: Internship Program
- CIGNA: Actuarial Executive Development Program (AEDP) - Actuarial, Business and Sales Training, Finance, HealthCare, Technology, Underwriting (Group), Underwriting (HealthCare)
- Dow Chemical: Commercial Development Program
- DuPont: Early Career Development Programs - Engineering, Finance, Human Resources, Sales and Marketing (Including the Marketing Leadership Development Program)
- DuPont: Engineering Field Program
- Eaton: Dimensions Development Programs - Accounting, Engineering, Human Resources, Information Technology, General Management, Supply Chain, Technical Sales
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Management Training in Sales, Marketing
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York: Rotational Analyst
- Ford Motor Company: College Graduate Program
- Gap Inc.: Entry-level Options in finance, technology, planning, distribution or merchandising
- GEICO: Emerging Leaders Program
- General Electric: Commercial Leadership Program (CLP): Sales & Marketing
- General Electric: Edison Engineering Development Program
- General Electric: Financial Management Program (FMP)
- General Electric: Information Technology Leadership Program (ITLP)
- General Electric: Operations Management Leadership Program (OMLP)
- General Mills: Business Management Associate
- Genworth Financial: Finance Development Program
- Goodyear: Human Resources Development Program
- Home Depot: Business Leadership Program
- HSBC: International Management Program
- ICMA.org: Local Government Management Fellowship Program
- Ingersoll-Rand: Leadership Development Programs - Engineering, Information Technology, Finance, Manufacturing, Marketing, Human Resources, Supply Chain
- Intel: Rotation Programs - Engineering, Sales & Marketing
- Intel: Rotation Engineers Program
- Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory: The ATLAS Program
- Johnson & Johnson: Leadership Development Programs - Financial, Finance MBA, Information Management, Human Resources, Global Operations
- Johnson & Johnson: Rotational Development Programs
- L'Oreal: Management Development Training Programs - Human Resources, Sales, Finance, Information Technology, Logistics
- Lockheed Martin: Leadership Development Programs - Communications, Engineering, Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems, Operations
- Alcatel-Lucent Technologies: Leadership Development Programs - Financial, Supply Chain Networks (SCN)
- Macy’s Careers After College - Business Development, Management Development, Finance Development
- Merck: Manufacturing Management Development Program (MMDP)
- Metropolitan Life Insurance: Development Programs - Actuarial, Information Technology
- M&T Bank: Management Development Program
- New York Life Insurance Company: Actuarial Training Program
- Pratt & Whitney (UTC): Financial Leadership Program
- Pratt & Whitney (UTC): Leadership Associate Program/Leadership Development Program (LAP/LDP)
- Pratt & Whitney (UTC): Manufacturing Engineer Development Program (MEDP)
- Prudential Insurance Company of America: Leadership Development Programs - Actuarial (ALDP), Prudential (PLDP)
- Sprint: College Recruiting Programs - Finance, Technology and Engineering, Customer Care
- Texas Instruments: Semiconductor Technical Sales & Marketing Program
- The Vanguard Group: Accelerated Programs
- Travelers Insurance: Leadership Development Program
- Sports Management Degree lists every accredited sports management school on the web. Find in-depth and unbiased information about sports management.
- MLS Internship Program - “As the business of soccer in the United States continues to grow, it is imperative to us — and to the sport — that individuals passionate about our game have soccer business opportunities off the field. To that end, MLS has initiated a comprehensive Internship Program.”
- Teamwork Online - Job Boards and thousands of Job Listings.
- Adidas Group Opportunities feature a 12 to 18 month trainee program and Summer internships. Brands include Adidas, Reebok, Rockport and TaylorMade.
- Major League Baseball runs the game of professional baseball and oversees 30 franchises in 28 cities. Each team operates as a separate business, but each is regulated and governed by MLB. The league sets official rules, regulates team ownership, and collects licensing fees for merchandise. It also sells national broadcasting rights and distributes fees to the teams.
- National Basketball Association Opportunities available in both the NBA League office and with individual teams.
- National Football League Opportunities available across most functions in Culver City, CA or New York, NY. (Summer Internships also).
- National Hockey League The NHL’s Interactive Hockey Jobs Board notifies you by email of great NHL jobs throughout North America, and you can also interact via the web with various NHL hiring managers and human resources executives during the hiring process.
- Nike Opportunities feature a ten-week Adrenaline internship program , which is designed to give the best of the best hands-on experience in virtually every area within Nike. Depending on educational background and career aspirations, interns can gain insight on anything from sports marketing and logistics, to product development and information technology.
- US Olympic Team If you want to pursue a career in the Olympic Family, check out the employment opportunities at the U.S. Olympic Committee as well as many of the National Governing Bodies for different Olympic and Pan American Games sports. Information on becoming a USOC intern is also listed.
- US Tennis Association The USTA is the national governing body for the sport of tennis and the recognized leader in promoting and developing the sport’s growth on every level in the United States, from local communities to the crown jewel of the professional game, the US Open. Most opportunities in media and marketing.