There’s much more to business than investment banking and consulting! Management, sales and marketing, accounting, purchasing and human resources all fall under the business umbrella, as do industries including insurance, retail, manufacturing, consumer goods, and transportation. The range of opportunities is limitless. We’re here to help you find the best fit.
Check out the Vault Career Library. It’s a great source of information about careers in many different areas of business. The guides are free to download through this Williams specific link!
Explore Business Career Resources
- InRoads - Places qualified minority college students in two-four year internships with corporate sponsors in business and industry
- Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT) - Equips African Americans, Latinos and Native Americans with the skills, coaching and connections they need to lead organizations and communities worldwide.
- Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO) - A premier summer internship program for college students of color; offering internships in accounting, asset management, corporate law. global financial leadership, investment banking and management consulting and philanthropy.
- Starting Bloc - Partnering with top business schools, Starting Bloc is a non-profit that provides training in socially responsible entrepreneurship and business practices. Fellows attend four weekend-long training sessions in Boston, New York or London. A number of Williams students participated in the Boston program in Spring 06.
- Ellevate - Started by a group of former Goldman Sachs female professionals, this is a fabulous networking organization for women interested in business and finance. Consider taking the lead and starting a BroadtoBe chapter here at Williams!
Summer Business Programs
- Harvard HBX CORe: The Language of Business & Williams College HBX CORe Tuition Grant
- Tuck Bridge Program
- Stanford Summer Institute for General Management
- University of Chicago Booth School Summer Business Scholars Program
- Berkeley Haas School BASE Summer Program
- University of Virginia McIntire Business Institute
- Vanderbilt Accelerator Summer Business Institute
- Villanova University Summer Business Institute
Post-Grad Graduate Study in Business for Liberal Arts Students (Typically 1-year programs)
- Northwestern Kellogg Masters in Management - Russell Fellows Program
- Wake Forest Masters in Management
- Duke Fuqua Master of Management Studies: Foundations of Business (MMS:FOB)
- University of Virginia's Master of Science in Commerce
- Babson Master of Science in Entrepreneurial Leadership
- The Catholic University of America Masters in Business Analysis
- St. John's University Master of Science in Risk Management and Insurance or Master of Science in Enterprise Risk Management
Meet With Your Advisor
For quick questions, stop by the ’68 Center for Career Exploration 1-3:45 p.m., Monday through Friday. Walk-in appointments are 15 minutes. If you’re ready to discuss career options, resume and cover letter, job applications, or interview skills, use Handshake to set up a half hour appointment.
Robin Meyer, Associate Director/Director of Employer Relations