[email protected] will be coordinating the 7th annual Williams Business Plan Challenge during the 2017-2018 academic year. The winning team will be offered financial support and mentorship toward building their business during the summer months of 2018. Any business concept will be considered, including social impact enterprises or programs.
The overarching goal of the competition is to help students understand the process for creating and building new ventures. The competition offers an outstanding opportunity for students to extend knowledge and skills they have acquired through Williams’ exceptional liberal arts curriculum. Participating students will work extensively with alumni mentors, all of whom are experienced entrepreneurs or new venture investors.
The College will provide funding to the winning team to advance the team’s business concept. The funds will be awarded and used during the summer months of 2018.
1. Each competing team will prepare a preliminary budget for the award funding. This budget will be among the factors considered by the judges when awarding the prize. The winning team will work with the Advisory Council to finalize the award budget within two weeks of the competition.
2. The Advisory Council will oversee the activities of the winning team during the summer funding period. There will be at least three meetings at which this team will report progress and plans.
3. The award funds will be administered by the Williams College Career Center.
- Sunday March 4th – 1:30-6:00 pm – Student Venture Competition challenge
- Location: Weston Hall (Admissions Building)
Primary contact for the business plan competition is: Tonio Palmer ([email protected])