The Career Access Fund (CAF) provides financial support for expenses related to career preparation, internship and job interviews, and graduate study preparation. Examples of eligible expenses include, but are not limited to:
- Interview attire, business cards, portfolios, or other related materials (within reasonable price points; for assistance on appropriate clothing, please see our Interview Guide).
- Travel, lodging, and meal expenses for career-related trips (i.e. conferences, interviews, etc.).
- Graduate school test preparation courses and registration fees. (Please note that you are expected to also apply for fee reduction opportunities if available.)
- Professional development courses, i.e. Harvard CORe, Programming Boot Camps, etc. (Please note that you are also expected to apply for fee reduction opportunities if available.)
- Applications will be prioritized based on financial need and on the planning demonstrated in the application.
- The amount of each grant will be determined based on financial need levels set by the Williams Financial Aid Office, up to a maximum of $400 annually.
- Decisions will be made on a rolling basis.
- Career Access Funds are for career-related expenses/needs occurring during the academic year and not for past expenses or reimbursements
- Funds for this program are limited and grants will be disseminated until funds run out for the academic year. Please note that funds are only available to currently enrolled students (on-campus or virtual).
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications will be reviewed weekly.
- Complete the CAF application form and upload any supporting documents you have, such as receipts, screenshots of conference registration or testing fees, etc.
- After your application is reviewed, you will be contacted via email regarding the status of your request.
- If approved, you will receive information on the amount of your grant award and the process for receiving your funds.
- Funds are most often distributed through direct deposit from the college. Please ensure that you have completed the Direct Deposit Form in your PeopleSoft account if you select direct deposit as your distribution choice.
Please contact the ’68 Center for Career Exploration with any questions about the application process.