Due to extraordinary interest and demand for funding the CAF fund has been fully distributed for the 2019/2020 academic year and we are no longer accepting applications.
Eligible students will be able to apply in the fall of 2020.
The Career Access Fund (CAF) is a grant program available to current students receiving financial aid. The maximum grant awarded to each student will be $500. The CAF was created to assist with career or interviewing expenses. Examples of eligible expenses include, but are not limited to:
- Interview attire, business cards, portfolios, or other related materials (within reasonable price points; for assistance on appropriate clothing, please see https://careers.williams.edu/the-look-of-success/)
- Travel, lodging, and meal expenses for career-related trips (i.e. conferences, interviews, etc.)
- Graduate school test preparation courses and registration fees (please note that you are expected to also apply for fee reduction opportunities if available)
- Funds for this program are limited. Applications will be prioritized based on financial need and on the planning demonstrated in the application, but decisions will be made on a rolling basis.
- Grants will be disseminated until funds run out for the academic year.
Application Process: Applications will be reviewed weekly.
- Complete the CAF application form here.
- After your application is reviewed, you will be contacted via email regarding the status of your request.
- If approved, you will receive information on the amount of your grant award and the preferred process for making purchases. You will also be contacted via email to schedule a time to visit the ’68 Center to complete the application process. Completing the application process entails signing a waiver form to receive your funding via a gift card. *Note: Please try to avoid purchasing items ahead of time as we would prefer not to go through the reimbursement process.
- What is the waiver form? This form was created to hold students liable for following the CAF purchasing guidelines. If students do not comply with these purchasing guidelines, it will result in students paying back the funds from their personal student account.
- Please email all receipts to [email protected] with the subject line “Career Access Fund 2019, [Your Last Name]”.
Please contact the ’68 Center for Career Exploration with any questions about the application process.