Internships are a great way to explore the field of Education! Be sure to also read about the many ways to get involved in Education in the Berkshires, through the Center for Learning in Action.
- Local Education Outreach and Experiential Learning Opportunities through The Center for Learning in Action and including CLiA Winter Study courses.
Summer Teaching Fellowships
These programs provide teacher training and mentored teaching opportunities over the summer. They can be a pathway to getting placed in the affiliate schools as a teacher after graduation.
- UnCommon Schools
- Breakthrough Collaborative
- Generation Teach
- Institute for the Recruitment of Teachers at Andover
Private School Summer Internship Programs
- Aspire Teaching at Hathaway Brown
- CarneySandoe Internship Portal
- Choate Rosemary Hall Summer Teaching Internship (search Handshake)
- Northfield Mt. Herman Summer Teaching Internship (search Handshake)
- Phillips Exeter Summer Teaching Internship
- The Partners Program Summer Internship
- Overland and other outdoor adventures.
- Camps (try out different ages, different focus areas—outdoor education, STEAM, art)
- EXPLO faculty (summer enrichment program for students)
Media & Arts
- PBS Learning (Media and EdTech), an example is WGBH Boston.
- Arts Education at Museums.
College Access and Admissions
- Admissions Tour Guide at Williams.
- College Access Programs (e.g., Matriculate)
- Department of Education (every state has its own DOE, for Mass., search at MassCareers)
- Policy Research Intern: e.g., Center for American Progress; Urban Institute; Brookings Institute; Learning Policy Institute (more think tanks in the spreadsheet below)
- Intern in Public School administration — look into public school districts in your desired location.
- Williams Spreadsheet with a list of Education Policy Think Tanks, NGOs, and other research organizations.
- Spreadsheet of Education Policy Organizations, compiled by UVA.
Nonprofits & NGOs