Requirements for Employer Registrations
To be approved in Handshake, registrations must include:
- Organization name
- Contact name (Please use an official name, not “campus recruiter” or “human resources”)
- Official organization email address; registrations with personal email addresses or non-organizational addresses will not be approved. (If there are extenuating circumstances, please contact the ’68 Center for Career Exploration)
- Organization website
Requirements for Job & Internship Postings
Handshake is intended for jobs and internships that are appropriate for current students and recent alumni. As such, the following types of positions will NOT be approved:
- Campus/brand ambassador positions
- International admissions consulting or tutoring positions
- Positions or volunteer opportunities that require students to pay a fee or make an investment prior to employment
- Placement agencies/organizations offering unspecified opportunities to teach abroad
- Third-party recruiters, unless the name of your client and the job title are clearly indicated in the job or internship posting.
The Williams College ’68 Center for Career Exploration reserves the right to reject any job or internship posting.
In its hiring and recruiting practices, Williams College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran. If your policies in hiring and employment differ from those of Williams College on any point, please provide the ’68 Center for Career Exploration with a copy of your policy. Your statement on this matter will be publicly available to members of the Williams Community.
’68 Center for Career Exploration at Williams also adheres to the principles of professional conduct set forth by the National Association of Colleges and Employers and reserves the right to deny service to any organization that fails to meet these standards. You may review these guidelines online at www.naceweb.org/ principles.
In accordance with the NACE principles, we ask that you observe the following when recruiting at Williams:
- Please provide students with a reasonable amount of time (a minimum of two weeks) in which to make a thoughtful decision regarding job and internship offers. The deadline must also be in line with deadlines offered to other interns at your firm.
- Job offers should remain on the table in their entirety during this period.
- In order to avoid any misunderstandings, we suggest that you provide students with written confirmation of job offers and details.
On our end, we make certain that students are aware of on-campus interviewing policies and the consequences of failing to appear for an interview or backing out of an offer. Please let us know if you experience any concerns about a candidate from Williams.