- Venture Pitch Competition: Every Spring teams of students present their ideas competing for prize money and glory.
- Williams Summer Institute for Entrepreneurship (WSIE) – many student teams working on their venture ideas while getting trained on Agile project management, Business Model Canvas, Design Thinking, and Networking
- Various Winter Study Courses: (*Cancelled for the 2020-21 Academic Year)
- SPEC 26: Customer Discovery in Technology (Travel Course to the Bay Area) This course is designed to give students interested in Entrepreneurship in-depth insight into the Customer Discovery process, i.e. how startups figure out if their ideas are worth pursuing. We will meet with the founders of 10-15 start-ups in the Bay Area and track their professional and personal journeys. We will look at the impact of company culture, the Bay Area ecosystem and values, financing, and how a Liberal Arts background prepares students for the challenges of entrepreneurship. Student teams will have the opportunity to work on an actual project for one or more of the companies to be visited and present their findings to senior management. We will also visit the Google campus and Stanford d.School While many of the companies will be technology driven, no technical background is needed and we will strive to have a diverse background in the class.
- Past courses include: Travel course to visit the Bay Area startup culture, How to start a startup – Introduction to effective methodologies, Venture Capital, Developing Mobile Apps, Essentials in Design Thinking, and more!
- Please Note: Selection of courses change each year.
- How Did You Get There? Alumni Speaker Series – Occurs throughout the academic year.
- Williams Summit on Entrepreneurship – Student-run annual conference with heavy alumni participation
- Fall Pitch Event – Create a Change Challenge to reduce plastic waste, 2020 – Social Impact/Racial Justice Initiatives