Have you always enjoyed understanding how things work? Do you want to do more research before committing to an advanced degree in science? There are worlds of opportunity in large and small companies, in public and private sectors, for those with a strong foundation in natural science fields.
Whether you would like to do work in a cutting-edge startup biotechnology lab or join a large organization with significant facilities for research & development, we can help you structure your search to yield opportunities that will broaden your perspective and help with long-term decision making.
Career planning advice from the American Association for the Advancement of Science
Summer Science and Pre-Professional programs
- AAMC GREAT Group Undergraduate Research programs at medical schools
- MD/PhD Summer Research Programs
- ASBMB Summer Research Opportunities (search by state)
- Co-op/Internship Opportunities in the life sciences from Rochester Institute of Technology; and for Biomedical and Pre-Medical Students
Research Opportunities at Williams
Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU). Summer programs funded by NSF
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Biotech and Pharmaceutical Information
- The Pharmaceutical Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) – The leading trade organization’s site. Info on industry stats and developments.
- Biotechnology Industry Organization – The world’s largest biotech
- BioSpace.com – Biotech & pharmaceutical news and jobs.
- Drug Information Association – Clinical development jobs and industry
- Research Jobs – From ResearchGate, which is the world’s largest professional network for researchers and scientists, now with over one million members.
- The National Academies – Resources and articles on many disciplines. Use the Quick Links drop-down menu on the left to narrow your search.
- Link to Williams pre-engineering page.
- Extramural Research Opportunities
- WISE: Washington Internships for Students of Engineering – paid
internships with a focus on policy.
- StemCompass – STEMCompass is a career learning and recruiting platform for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) students and employers.