The Racial Justice Career Preparation Fund (RJCPF) provides financial support for expenses related to racial justice projects or internships posted by alumni, professional development, interview attire, and other related racial justice expenses. Examples of eligible expenses include, but are not limited to:
- Travel, lodging, and meal expenses for career-related trips (i.e.interviews, etc.).
- Professional development courses, conferences, and workshops related to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and racial justice issues (Please note that you are expected to also apply for fee reduction opportunities if available).
- Career-related technology upgrades for virtual internships or interviews.
- Applications are reviewed weekly, payment processing may take up to two weeks.
- Applications will be prioritized based on the project and the planning demonstrated in the application.
- The amount of each grant will be determined based on the request and the fund balance up to a maximum of $300.00 (taxable).
- Decisions will be made on a rolling basis.
- RJCPF is for career-related expenses/needs occurring during the academic year and not for past expenses or reimbursements.
- Funds for this program are limited and grants will be disseminated until funds run out for the academic year.
- Complete the RJCPF application form and upload any supporting documents you have, such as project offers, receipts, screenshots of conference registration or testing fees, etc.
- After your application is reviewed, you will be contacted via email regarding the status of your request.
- If approved, you will receive information on the amount of your grant award and the process for receiving your funds.
- Funds are most often distributed through direct deposit from the college. Please ensure that you have completed the Direct Deposit Form in your PeopleSoft account if you select direct deposit as your distribution choice.
- The name, username, and photo associated with your Google account will be recorded when you upload files and submit this form.
- Notify Anthony Pernell-McGee when you have submitted your application ([email protected]).