Imagine your Winter Study adventure! Interested in pursuing internships in January 2022?
Internships amplify academic learning, empower professional development, and increase students’ career options.
The ’68 Center for Career Exploration sponsors a winter study course SPEC 21 Career Exploration: Winter Study Internships! This course designed to to introduce students to a variety of career fields not normally available to students via our on-campus recruiting program: government, music, film, television, the arts, publishing, journalism, theater, entrepreneurship/social entrepreneurship/startups, architecture, advertising, journalism, public relations, sports management, etc.
Participation in this winter study course will require students to integrate their Williams academic knowledge with practitioners in a work environment, make inferences about group and individual dynamics, and work on issues of substance that students are interested in. This hands-on experience will illuminate lessons learned inside and outside the classroom.
Students can submit applications for SPEC 21 Winter Study Internships via Handshake from Sunday, September 26, 2021-Sunday October 17, 2021 at 11:55 p.m. (Eastern Time).
Winter Study Internship List-January 2022 as of Monday, September 27, 2021.
SPEC 21 Syllabus Soon–Includes requirements and full winter study internship descriptions.
Please note: Since SPEC 21 is a winter study course, the Winter Study Committee does not allow students to receive a salary or weekly pay for winter study internships.
The Winter Study Term -Monday, January 3, 2022-Thursday, January 27, 2022.
For more information, join us for a Virtual SPEC 21 Information Session.
SPEC 21 Info Session Dates/Times
|Tuesday, 9/28 7:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m.||Register|
|Thurs, 9/30 7:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m.||Register|
|Friday, 10/01 4:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m.||Register|
|Sunday, 10/03 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.||Register|
|Tuesday, 10/05 7:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m.||Register|
|Thursday, 10/07 5:00 p.m.-5:30 p.m.||Register|
SPEC 21 Application Documents needed for Student Self-Source Winter Internships and Application Instructions:
- Please complete and sign this document (2 page form 1 page responses to 5 questions).
- Save this document as as January 2022 Student Self-Sourced Winter Internship Application and upload it onto Handshake under the label of “Other Documents.”
- Your Internship Supervisor will complete and sign this form and return it to you via email prior to the Application Deadline on Sunday October 17, 2021 at 11:55 p.m.
- ***Please Note: A typed name on the Internship Supervisor’s signature line will not be accepted.
- Save this document as January 2022 Winter Internship Supervisor Verification Form and upload it onto Handshake under the label of “Cover Letter.”
- We strongly recommend that you have your resume reviewed by a Career Advisor by setting up an appointment on Handshake.
- If you have not created a resume, we recommend that you review the Resume Guidelines and Templates.
- Save this document as January 2022 Winter Internship Resume, and upload it onto Handshake under the label of “Resume.”
Questions? Please Contact: Dawn M. Dellea ([email protected]) Manager, Alumni & Parent Engagement Programs, ’68 Center for Career Exploration.