Over the years more and more Winter Study courses have been developed to help you understand and gain experience in the world of work. While these immersive experiences require intellectual reflection, research, and writing, they also have substantial field work components that offer wonderful opportunities to gain valuable insight into professional life.
In the past, those interested in medicine, public policy, teaching, and social service had found a number of options from which to choose. Also, students have the option of creating their own courses and internships through the WS-99 option.
The Career Center also sponsors a winter study course SPEC 21 Experience in the Workplace: an Internship with Williams Alumni/Parents that allows students to explore any number of different career paths: arts and entertainment, advertising, publishing, government, social entrepreneurship, startups, education, digital media, museums, and more!
2017 Winter Study Internships have been posted on Route 2.
After signing onto Route 2, go to the right column, find the Shortcuts box and select SPEC 21 Internships. Select any of the listed winter study internships for the full description and application requirements.
FINAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: Students must apply for winter study internships online via Route 2 by Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 11:59 p.m.
VIEW THE 2017 SPEC21 syllabus here:
UPDATES-WINTER STUDY INTERNSHIPS
43. FINANCE, TECHNOLOGY AND WILLIAMS — HUTCHEN HILL CAPITAL, BOSTON, MA –NEW! 10/17/16
2. Museum Administration-The Clark -Winter Study Internship Descriptions Added Curatorial, Director’s Office, Research and Academic Program, Membership, and Museum Store
38. Healthcare Tech Startup–HealthJoy, Chicago, IL-NEW!
39. Non-Profit Fundraising and Special Events/Museum Administration-Berkshire Museum, PIttsfield, MA-NEW!
40. Architecture: Design and Practice-Calderón Architecture & Design, Beacon, NY–NEW!
41. Public Sector Consulting-Booz Allen Hamilton, McLean, VA-NEW!
42. Non-Profit/Communications/Museum Administration-Berkshire Museum, Pittsfield, MA-NEW!
Please check the syllabus frequently for any changes.
SPEC 21 Winter Study Internships Application Deadline-Wednesday, October 19, 2016.
Questions? Please send an email to Dawn Dellea, Manager of Alumni & Parent Engagement Programs at [email protected]
SPEC 21 Information Sessions will be held in the Mears Lewis Room on:
Tuesday, September 27th at 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, September 29th at 12:30 p.m.
Friday, September 30th at 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, October 4th at 12:30 p.m.
Tuesday, October 11th at 1:00 p.m.
Thursday, October 13th at 8:00 p.m.
Monday, October 17th at 4:00 p.m.
Additionally, those interested in shadowing a physician should look at SPEC19.
For a comprehensive list of all internship-like offerings, click here.