Imagine your Winter Study adventure! Interested in pursuing internships in January 2022? Still looking for a winter study course?
Winter Study Internship List-January 2022 as of Monday, November 8, 2021
Internships amplify academic learning, empower professional development, and increase students’ career options. SPEC 21 offers students the opportunity to learn beyond the classroom by providing substantive applied learning experiences focusing on issues such as racial justice/social justice, non-profit/community service, government/policy/law, environment, education & many more! Students have the option of applying to the designated SPEC 21 WS internships posted on Handshake, or to submit self-sourced WS internships. For WS 2022, remote, hybrid, and on-site internship opportunities are eligible. Each student will intern for 5 days per week working on project(s) for 3 1/2-4 weeks.
Williams College Alumni/Parents and other employers will be recruited as Winter Study (WS) Internship Sponsors and create meaningful projects/experiences during the month of January. It is expected that our WS Sponsors will mentor the Williams intern(s) during the course, meet with intern(s) on a regular basis to discuss projects/goals/challenges for the week, and support students’ success.
First-Years, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors can apply for SPEC 21 winter study internships posted on Handshake. Students accepting one of the SPEC 21 winter study internships will be automatically enrolled into our winter study course. These winter internships have the 1st priority.
Please note: Since SPEC 21 is a winter study course, the Winter Study Committee does not allow students to receive a salary or weekly pay for winter study internships.
In addition, students finding their own winter study internships (student self-sourced winter study internships) can submit an application, internship supervisor verification form and a resume. Before submitting these documents, the student must have a confirmed full-time winter internship.
Please submit your SPEC 21 Self Sourced Winter Internship Application at this Handshake Link by Tuesday, November 30th at 11:55 p.m.
The SPEC 21 Self-Sourced Application and the Winter Internship Supervisor Verification Form are located at the bottom of this page
- The winter study internship is full-time 35-40 hours per week from Monday, January 3, 2022-Thursday, January 27, 2022.
- Winter Internships located in the United States can be remote or on-location
- For International Students Only-International Winter Internships (on site, on-location) must be located in students’ home country (where their permanent legal home address is listed).
- International Winter Internships (remote) are allowed.
- If first-year students have confirmed full-time winter internships (remote or on-location), they are required to live on-campus during the entire winter study term from Monday, January 3, 2022-Thursday, January 27, 2022. On-Location winter internships must be local (within Berkshire County).
- You must be enrolled in the 2021 Fall Semester.
- You intend to enroll in the 2022 Spring Semester.
- You are not studying away/abroad for the entire academic year 2021 Fall Semester and 2022 Spring Semester.
- If you studying away/abroad for the 2022 Spring Semester, you will not leave your winter study internship early or begin your 2022 Spring Semester until after the 2022 January Winter Term ends on Thursday, January 27, 2022
For more information, join us for a Virtual SPEC 21 Information Session.
SPEC 21 Info Session Dates/Times—FINAL WEEK!
|Sunday, 10/10–2:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m.||Register|
|Tuesday, 10/12–5:00 p.m.-5:30 p.m.||Register|
|Tuesday, 10/12–7:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m.||Register|
|Thursday, 10/14–5:00 p.m.-5:30 p.m.||Register|
SPEC 21 Application Documents needed for Student Self-Source Winter Internships and Application Instructions:
Please submit your SPEC 21 Self Sourced Winter Internship Application at this Handshake Link.
- Please complete and sign this document (2 page form 1 page responses to 5 questions).
- Save this document as as January 2022 Student Self-Sourced Winter Internship Application and upload it onto Handshake under the label of “Other Documents.”
- Your Internship Supervisor will complete and sign this form and return it to you via email prior to the Application Deadline on Sunday October 17, 2021 at 11:55 p.m.
- ***Please Note: A typed name on the Internship Supervisor’s signature line will not be accepted.
- Save this document as January 2022 Winter Internship Supervisor Verification Form and upload it onto Handshake under the label of “Cover Letter.”
Your Updated Resume
- We strongly recommend that you have your resume reviewed by a Career Advisor by setting up an appointment on Handshake.
- If you have not created a resume, we recommend that you review the Resume Guidelines and Templates.
- Save this document as January 2022 Winter Internship Resume, and upload it onto Handshake under the label of “Resume.”
Questions? Please Contact: Dawn M. Dellea ([email protected]) Manager, Alumni & Parent Engagement Programs, ’68 Center for Career Exploration.